This material is excerpted from the book, Numbers aren’t nasty: A workbook of spatial concepts, by David J. Unwin, Emeritus Professor of Geography.
A description of the entire workbook and a downloadable copy are here.
"This chapter deals with the first order concepts of length and direction as well as the second order concept of connection"
Chapter 4: Lines on Maps
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Exercise (14): Lines on maps
- 4.3 Exercise (15): Measuring length
- 4.4 Exercise (16): Fractals
- 4.5 Exercise (17): Direction
- 4.6 Exercise (18): Analyzing tree networks
- 4.7 Exercise (19): Analyzing networks
- 4.8 References
You may download the PDF and data below